Eco99 Sanitizer Powder Packet – 2.1 Grams
- Hypochlorous Acid (HOCl) Concentrate.
- 100% QUAT-free. Non-toxic for humans and animals.
- EPA N-listed Disinfectant.
- Effective as a biocide, fungicide, and mold remediator.
- As a solution, highly stable and non-corrosive.
- Ships in hassle-free, pre-measured pouches for 32oz or 1 gallon
- Makes 3 gallons at 100ppm when mixed with water.
Traditionally, HOCl is made through an electrolyzed process using water, salt, and power to create a weak acid with a neutral pH. However, the electrolysis process using machines is limited in terms of the level of concentration that the machine is able to achieve. Eco99 uses dry chemistry which has been uniquely stabilized and optimized for a long shelf life, and the flexibility to increase concentration to meet the demand of specific environments or applications to eliminate pathogens faster. The dry chemicals are produced into a water soluble granular which is packaged up for easy dilution into various containers sizes. Once diluted, the aqueous solution is readily potent and is ready for application on surfaces.
Upon contact, HOCl kills pathogens by binding to the cell membrane and affecting its permeability. It tears down cell membranes and degrades proteins as neutrophils engulf the pathogen and release an oxidative respiratory burst causing it to rupture and disintegrate. DNA synthesis is significantly affected within 1-minute of exposure.
Because HOCl has no charge and also carries a low molecular weight, it is more effective than chlorine-based sanitizers at penetrating cell walls. It reacts more rapidly with organic matter than chlorine-based sanitizers.